Beara Peninsula, County Cork, South West Ireland
You’ll feel like you’re on the edge of the world when you walk the paths of the Beara Peninsula at the tip of South West Ireland. Set just about as far south west as you can get in Ireland, the views on this walking holiday are endless. Our walks will explore the wild, rugged coast with plenty of secluded coves and imposing cliffs to admire. If you enjoy pondering the formation of the earth then the contorted rock layers will enthral you! If luck is on our side, we may catch sight of dolphins and whales as we make our way along the stunning coastal paths.
On one day, we’ll take the ferry for the short ride across to Bere Island where time appears to have stood still. The island which sits at the entrance to Bantry Bay, has a long and fascinating history from the Bronze Age to the present day.
During our stay, we will also take the opportunity to explore the mountain tracks of the interior gaining incredible views across the Kerry mountains – and the coast too! We’ll have close up views of Hungry Hill, the highest of the Caha Mountains. And if you fancy getting in the mood for your holiday beforehand then pick up a copy of Daphne Du Maurier’s “Hungry Hill”, which, although never stated, is thought to be based in the area.
- Monday 23 September 2019: Aer Lingus AI3723 | Departs 12:35 | Arrives 14:05 | Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Sunday 29 September 2019: Aer Lingus AI3726 | Departs 1450 | Arrives 1625 | Duration 1 hour 35 minutes
From London Heathrow
- Monday 23 September 2019: Aer Lingus AI715 | Departs 1350 | Arrives 1510 | Duration 1 hour 20 minutes
- Sunday 29 September 2019: Aer Lingus AI722 | Departs 1600 | Arrives 1725 | Duration 1 hour 25 minutes
Shared Twin Room (included in base price)
Single Room + £20/night
Single Ensuite Room + £25/night
Included in the price:
- Full board accommodation
- Guided walks each day
- Airport transfer at set time
- Local transport to walks
- Flight to Cork
- Personal expenses
- Discretionary tips
- Optional excursions