HER ON A HILL BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Your contract is with Her on a Hill referred to as “we” or “us” in this contract. A binding contract is
only entered into when we issue a confirmation invoice. By contacting us, and/or your travel agent,
to make a booking you accept that you have the authority to bind all members of your party to these
terms and conditions. It is essential that you check the travel details on the confirmation invoice and
inform us immediately of any errors.
2. YOUR FINANCIAL PROTECTION
Her on a Hill is a company committed to customer satisfaction and consumer financial protection.
We are therefore pleased to announce that, at no extra cost to you, and in accordance with ” The
Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018” all passengers booking with Her
on a Hill are fully insured for the initial deposit, and subsequently the balance of monies paid as
detailed in your booking confirmation form should the company be declared insolvent. The policy
will also include repatriation if required, arising from the cancellation or curtailment of your travel
arrangements due to the insolvency of Her on a Hill. This insurance has been arranged by Towergate
Chapman Stevens through Zurich Insurance PLC.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR RESIDENTIAL EVENTS (For non residential please go to section 19-20)
3. PAYMENT FOR YOUR HOLIDAY
A deposit of 25% of the total holiday price is required at the time of booking (unless otherwise
stated on the website). We reserve the right to vary the deposit as appropriate and in accordance
with the deposit required by our suppliers. The balance is due 10 weeks prior to departure for UK
trips / 12 weeks for Europe and 16 weeks for long haul. If the booking is made less than the
applicable 10/ 12/16 weeks before departure, the full amount is due within 7 days of booking. If any
balance remains unpaid, travel documentation will not be issued and we reserve the right to treat
your booking as cancelled and apply the cancellation charge set out below. Final travel documents
will usually be sent out approximately 2 weeks before departure.
Payment must be in the currency of the invoice and you are responsible for bank charges. No charge
is levied for payment by credit or debit card within the UK and Europe. Cards registered outside
Europe are charged a 2% fee. In some cases, quotations will be based on instant purchase, limited
availability and full payment of the total holiday cost must be made at the time of booking. Full
details will be given at the time of enquiry.
Whilst we make every effort to ensure that the information on our website and elsewhere is as
accurate as possible, details are often published many months before your holiday takes place. We
reserve the right to make changes to the website and elsewhere and any information they contain.
You will be informed of any material changes before booking. We are only responsible for
information contained within our own publications and websites. We are not responsible for third
party information (tourist boards and hotels for example) contained in any other brochures or
5. AMENDMENT AND CANCELLATION BY YOU
We will do our best to assist you in altering your arrangements after booking but cannot guarantee
this will be possible. If alterations can be made you will be responsible for all extra charges and costs
and we will charge a £25 administration fee per person plus any applicable charges levied by our
suppliers. We also reserve the right to treat any amendment less than the applicable 10, 12 or 16
weeks prior to departure as a cancellation and apply the cancellation charges set out below.
All cancellations must be made in writing by the person who made the booking and are effective on
the day we receive it. As we incur substantial costs and losses on a cancellation, we will apply the
following cancellation charges:
Percentage of total holiday price charged according to number of weeks prior to departure:
More than 10 weeks for UK / 12 weeks for Europe /16 weeks for long haul: Forfeit deposit
Less than 10 weeks for UK / 12 weeks for Europe /16 weeks for long haul and up to 31 days: 50% of
full holiday cost
4 weeks or less 100% of full holiday cost
The penalties are in addition to the non-refundable elements of the booking which have been
contracted on your behalf. If we are able to recover any of our losses from our suppliers, we will
refund those to you subject to a £25 administration fee.
Your booking is non-refundable but is transferable to another person (new booking only). If you
are able to provide a replacement for your booked holiday then there is a £25 administration fee. If
we are able to fill your place (i.e. the last place on the holiday), the administration fee is £50. All
other monies paid to us will be refunded subject to any charges we are not able to recover. This
amount will be deducted from your refund as required.
6. AMENDMENT AND CANCELLATION BY US
It is occasionally necessary for us to make changes to advertised products and services and we
reserve the right to make such changes. In exceptional circumstances we may have to modify your
holiday after booking. If the change is minor we will do our best to notify you in advance but are not
obliged to do so and no compensation is payable. If the change is material (e.g. change of
destination or a lower standard of accommodation), we will notify you as soon as practically possible
and offer you the choice of accepting the alternative arrangements, arranging an alternative holiday
with us or cancelling your holiday.
(B) CANCELLATION BY US
Whilst we hope we will never have to cancel your holiday this may occasionally happen and we
reserve the right to do so. Should it be necessary to cancel your holiday we will endeavour to offer
you an alternative holiday or provide a full and prompt refund.
(D) FORCE MAJEURE
Compensation will not be payable in any cases where an amendment, change or cancellation is due
to “force majeure”, being unusual or unforeseeable events or circumstances beyond our control, the
consequences of which neither we nor our suppliers could avoid. These include, but are not limited
to, war, threat of war, riot, civil disturbance or strife, terrorist activity (actual or threatened),
industrial disputes, technical or maintenance problems with transport, machinery or equipment,
power failure, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, flood, drought, adverse weather conditions, levels of
water in rivers, acts of God, closure of airports, changes of schedules or operational decisions of
(E) LOW BOOKINGS
Compensation is not payable if a holiday does not take place because a required minimum number of
passengers to enable the holiday to take place has not been reached. The minimum number of
passengers is clearly stated on the website for each holiday. We will refund any monies paid to us
promptly. However, we will not pay for any additional expenses you may have incurred – e.g. travel
All prices advertised are per person based on sharing a twin room and are in pounds sterling unless
otherwise shown and are subject to change, up or down, until the booking is concluded. After that,
we will only increase the price in limited circumstances to reflect increases in transportation costs,
dues, government approved taxes (including VAT), both in the UK and overseas, fees chargeable for
services, Government action or exchange rate variation. If the surcharge would increase the cost of
your holiday by 10% or more, you are entitled to cancel your holiday and receive a full refund. We
will absorb, and you will not be charged, for any increase equivalent to up to 2% of the original price
of your holiday.
8. OUR RESPONSIBILITIES TO YOU
We take care to ensure that all involved in the preparation and supply of your holiday maintain the
highest standards. Please remember that the appropriate standards will be those prevalent in your
destination which may not be the same as developed international standards.
If you have any complaint or problem whilst on holiday you must inform us, our guides or the
supplier as soon as possible to give us the maximum opportunity to rectify it. Any unresolved
complaints must be notified to us in writing within 30 days of your return.
10. PASSPORTS, VISAS AND OTHER ESSENTIAL DOCUMENTATION
All passports must have a validity of at least six months from your scheduled return date to the UK.
You will generally need clear/clean pages for visas, as required, to be inserted. You should also
ensure that all necessary visas, vaccinations and other health documents are in order. You must read
all documentation that is supplied to you and ensure that all information contained within is correct.
Failure to do so may incur amendment charges which are your responsibility.
11. TRAVEL INSURANCE
Your holiday package with us does NOT include travel insurance and it is your responsibility to
ensure you have adequate insurance cover. In accordance with normal industry practice, we will
require you to have adequate travel insurance to provide accident and medical cover before your
holiday departs. Such insurance should ideally be valid from the date of booking, be valid throughout
the holiday duration and financially cover any probable loss through cancellation, amendment,
accident or health related problems. You should ensure you are covered for all activities you are
planning on your trip.
12. EXCURSIONS AND ACTIVITIES
We are only responsible for excursions and activities sold by us and which form part of your holiday
This contract is governed by English Law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of
England and Wales.
14. DATA PROTECTION POLICY
In order for us to process your booking we need to store and record your information, including data
as supplied. This may include transfer of such information outside of the European Economic Area to
parties involved in the arrangements of your holiday. Equally we use such information for updating
our mailing lists and from time to time you may receive newsletters from us. Should you not wish to
receive such literature you must advise us in writing. You can easily unsubscribe from all newsletters.
17. UK FOREIGN OFFICE ADVICE ON OVERSEAS TRAVEL
For your guidance, we suggest you visit the website of the Foreign Office on: www.fco.gov.uk or tel:
020 7821 4090 to check advice about your destination. The website is regularly updated and
provides you with country-specific information, including advice on terrorism and general matters
on health, visa requirements, vaccinations and safety.
18. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
In addition to these general booking conditions, specific relevant destination information may be
contained within the booking information document you receive on confirmation of your booking.
19. BOOKING CONDITIONS FOR NON RESIDENTIAL COURSES AND EVENTS
- A booking is only confirmed once payment has been received. The full amount is payable within 7 days of booking.
- If you cancel a course / event the following refund terms apply: 8 weeks’ notice or more – 75% refund; between 2 and 8 weeks’ notice – 50% refund; less than 2 weeks’ notice – no refund. Alternatively, should we manage to fill your space, we will transfer your booking to an alternative date within the same calendar year as available. A fee of £25 will be charged for this service.
- If we cancel a course/ event, we will offer the choice of a full refund of all money paid to us or a place on an alternative date.
- If you are late or need to leave early no refund will be offered.
- Our courses /events run primarily outdoors in hills and on moorland and there are risks involved in any outdoor activity on rocky and uneven ground. By booking with Her on a Hill, you are accepting these risks and acknowledge that you have read the full details at the bottom of this document. Participants must make us aware of any relevant medical information on booking.
- All participants must be aged 18 or over unless arranged in advance.
- Her on a Hill has public liability insurance. We recommend that participants take out insurance in case they need to cancel due to illness or injury.
- While we will make every reasonable effort to run our courses / events as advertised, Her on a Hill reserves the right to make changes to the courses /events if necessary.
20. RISK ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FOR PARTICIPANTS ON NAVIGATION COURSES
Participants on the navigation courses /events should be aware that walking in the countryside involves the use of terrain that can be steep and difficult underfoot. It is essential to wear the correct clothing and footwear and to carry appropriate equipment as follows:
Waterproof hooded jacket; waterproof trousers; warm mid garments; warm hat and gloves; walking boots with a sufficiently supportive structure and with pronounced tread; sun hat in warm, sunny weather.
Food and Drink – sufficient food and drink to sustain you for a day’s moorland walk or half day walk according to the event. Spare food for use in the event of an emergency.
Essential Personal Medication – medication prescribed by your GP to be at hand at all times (e.g. inhalers for asthma sufferers). Small first aid kit recommended.
COVID-19 (last updated 2 July)
1. Events will be run entirely outdoors until government guidelines permit gathering indoors in a group
2. Events will be limited to a maximum of 5 participants + 1 tutor
3. You must bring and use your own hand sanitiser and a face covering should it be required
4. Please bring your own small first aid kit including plasters, etc. We will manage any first aid emergency as usual but for minor ailments please carry the essentials.
5. Please try to maintain a 2-metre distance between yourself, other participants and the tutor or 1 metre + where this is not possible
6. Please do not share food or equipment with other participants outside your household
7. If you feel unwell please do not attend the course.
8. If you contract Covid 19 within 14 days of the end of the course please let us know
9. Although we will follow guidance to keep you safe, you acknowledge that by attending a course you are putting yourself at increased risk of contracting Covid 19. Her on a Hill accepts no responsibility should you contract Covid-19.
10. Navigation Courses: Please bring your own map and compass. If you need to borrow any item, this will have been sanitised and will be quarantined for 72 hours before and after use.